Monday 3 March 2014

Wedding wear, trepidation and triumphs. (feat. Boohoo)

It was almost two years ago now that two of my friends got engaged and no matter how long I knew that the day would come round, I put back finding an outfit for quite some time, knowing that there was so much in my wardrobe I would probably have something. Wrong. Out of everything, nothing seemed quite appropriate. It was all the wrong colour, too short, too informal, too formal, didn't look right. Of course there was probably something but what better excuse to go on a whirlwind shopping spree? I searched the shops and typically found nothing I liked enough to wear to the big day. I had trawled the online shops too previously and ordered a few things, but again nothing that seemed to fit in with other components of the outfit, finally, and thank God, I finally got round to checking Boohoo. 

I do love Boohoo, it always has great pieces and amazing accessories, but sometimes I don't get around to checking on there as I know I could easily let hours slip away while I looked at every dress on every page. But there was no more time for browsing. The big day was coming around fast and I needed to find something or end up in something I knew I would not be comfortable with for a long day. Thankfully this dress caught my eye. It wasn't something I was looking for at all. I was initially thinking, pastels, maybe floral and skater style so this ruched, crepe cami was a nice surprise. 
Boutique Rio Snake Crepe Georgette Cami Dress
Once I found the dress, I went in on Boohoo filling out the wedding outfit accessory quota on there too. I picked up this amazing metallic clutch bag in rose gold. Rose gold is my favourite metallic colour; its more wearable than the golds and silvers, suits more colours and I think it tends to look more expensive. I also picked up these really cute pastel belts as you cant go wrong with 3 for the price of 1 and skinny belts are such useful accessories to have. Initially, I really loved the pink one, but I kept with the dress palette and went with the grey on the day.
Holly Metallic Double Pocket Clutch Bag and Louisa Skinny Belt Multipack
The rest of the outfit fell together easily once the dress was sorted. I teamed it with my 'trusty' black lace trim, kimono that I find so easy to throw on over anything and always looks good. The shoes were my black gladiator heels from River Island. I nearly went with something higher with more impact however on this occasion I went with simplicity and comfort as I knew I would be on my feet all day and I wanted the dress to do the talking. The handmade metal cuff was a last minute add one and I'm glad I got a chance to show the great craftsmanship on this piece off on the big day.
And to Carla and Jay, the beautiful married couple, thank you so much for sharing your special day with me. I can honestly say it was one of the best days of my life. I hope married life is as good as the big day was. Loved everything about it. Big love!

No comments:

Post a Comment